Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ollantaytambo


We just came from Cuzco to Ollantaytambo on a pretty good bus ride that stopped quite a lot and was very nice. We had a buffett lunch(with two helpings of dessert) and went to a lot of ruins that were on the way. Once we got to Ollantaytambo we met our friend Winn who used to live near us in our neighborhood. She owns a hostal named Casa de Wow(house of wow)and we are spending a night here. She has a dog and we are helping in the kitchen tonight cooking stirfry without a restaurants help!!! I love it here because its a nice city, very clean, there are little canals everywhere and you can jump over them. Helen and I played tag on the street while we were walking to the market. The market was really cool and the stuff was really cheap but the livestock(I call it deadstock) was really interesting. The people here eat every part of the animal beacause they think that throwing away food is wasteful but its true. So in the market they had the heads still on the chicken and there were cows tounges and hoofs on the tables. On the way back we ran up the street beacause nothing was dangerous at night. I am sitting typing this on the sofa in the Casa de Wows living room. I hope that tonight I can fall asleep listning to the sound of the water trickling. It has been a very good day and I hope that there will be another good one tomorrow. Tomorrow we will go to machu picchu and there will be a flood of posts. I am so excited!!!!! This is a picture of Helen, Dad and I on the way to Ollantaytambo.

No comments:

Post a Comment