Friday, August 27, 2010

Mucho Mejor

The view on the way to Coroico was beautiful but unfortunatly me and Helen were sick. I didnt eat anything and my stomache hurt like crazy because of the road. Once we got to our lodge we got to swim in the pool(it was freezing) and then my stomache started to hurt again. It hurt all the way up to when I was about to go to bed and but the good thing was I fell asleep right away. I woke up the next morning starving because I had only eaten french fries for dinner but much better. We ate breakfast at the little restaurant next to the hotel and went to town. We had a stove in our room so we could cook everything we needed. In town we got all the groceries(using our limited spanish) and decided that we wern't hungry for lunch and went back to our hotel. Helen and I had a swim after that and then I went up to the Salu Mayu. The Salu Mayu was the meditation room that noone used so I could go there basically whenever I wanted. I would lie on the bed(which was a pile of blankets and foam matresses) and sometimes I would sit on the floor. I would go there when the birds or my sister were driving me crazy!!! The birds were very pretty with bright yellow tails but they made tons of racket. Every morning we got woken up by 5 million flocks of birds flying out our window. Our hotel was above the city and it contained lots of property. It was a 3 minute hike to the Salu Mayu one was a 5 minute hike another and a 10 minute hike another!!! You never got bored going the same way 5 different times. Helen and I spent hours walking around, we went the shortest way up and the longest way down!!! We cooked our own meals (that were very good) and everyone took turns in the kitchen. Today we were very sad to leave but we took a bus back to La Paz and are at a nice hotel. Ohh I forgot to mention it. TODAY IS MY DADS BIRTHDAY!!!!!! We are going to buy him a Charanga for his birthday and we get to go to a show tonight!!! First birthday in South America was pretty good. We cant wait to have another one.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Mike. I bought you a car for your birthday. Did I say car, I meant to say cat. I staked him out in the front yard to await your return. He looks good now that I have shaved off his mane and his tail. Did I say Lion, meant to say Lying.

    I watched a good ad yeaterday for Rosetta Stone. Meghan will like this.
    Shows a German Coast Guard sailor on hi first day on watch all by himself. Radio blares, "Mayday, Mayday, Can you hear me, we are sinking, we are sinking"
    Sailor says," This is the German Coast Guard, what are you sinking about?" Guess he should have taken Rosetta Stone.
    Hope you have a good day. Meghan says she is looking for another birthday in South America. I wonder who would have the next one?
    Posted by Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending Birthday wishes to my Virgo comrade, Mikey V! We miss you, Mike, and hope you had a spectacular birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meghan, You are so smart to go up to that meditation room and find a quiet place for yourself. That's exactly what I do in my home. I'm glad you are feeling better and we are loving following your stories. Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete