Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Museo Chileno De Arte Precolombino

Today we went to the Chilean museum of art that was before Columbus. The museum was super cool, it was filled with all sorts of thousand year old statues that were made by the tribes before the Inkans. There were masks that were copper and stone and they would wear the masks to partys or dances. Some of the sculptures were weird, like there was a pot that was big but it had what looked like clay pointy daggers all around the surface of the pot, it was really cool. The last room was very different from the others. It was not sculptures it was cloth very pretty cloth, made out of llama and alpaca fur. Once we were finished in that room we walked to a tiny gift shop. The shop had a lot of books on Chile and some were about the museum. I walked over to a book about the museum it was filled with all sorts of interesting facts. There were key chains that had the museums name on it. I picked up a book about Santiago and read a few lines before I realized it was in Spanish. I put the book down quickly and just at that time I heard my name. I turned and saw Dad waving at me as I ran over. "What" I asked. "We're leaving" he said. "Where are we going?" I asked. " To the market to eat lunch" he said. We crossed the street and passed some buildings and found the entrance to the market. We walked inside and then the smell of fish met my nostrils "yuck". Inside were loads of people selling all sorts of fish. We walked through the open door into a room full of restaurants. We chose one and sat down. When our food came we stopped talking as she put the food on our table. I got meat and french fries because I don't like seafood. We ate our good food and we payed and got to our feet.
Meghan and I both begged to eat Chinese food that night. Finally Mom and Dad agreed and we decided to go to the place that was right across the street from our apartment. As I walked in silence fell. The good thing about Chinese restraunts is that everything goes quiet once you are inside. Music was playing softly in the corner and the walls were painted red and gold. We walked over to the desk and asked the lady if we could order take-out. She said yes and handed us a menu. We chose chow mein with vegetables and pork and vegtables with rice. Mom and Meghan sat down on the sofa and waited for our food and Dad and I walked around the block. We saw a couple people selling honey roasted peanuts and almonds. We all met in the apartment and had a wonderful dinner.
Dad and I finished the 4th Harry Potter book and I fell asleep feeling glad I was in Santiago.

No comments:

Post a Comment