Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I Get Soaking Wet Even Though It's Fun

Bahia Inglesia is tiny for two reasons. One is that the beach is 150 yards apart from one another. The second reason is that there's only one market and no post office in Bahia. We stayed in a little cabania that was right next to the beach. At 3:00 we were going kayaking on a diffrent beach that had really bad sand. Mom wasn't going because of her bad shoulder. Dad Meghan and I got into our swim suits and a T-shirt and sun hats. Mom walked us down to te kayak place to watch us take of and take pictures.
Our boat was dark green. We had two-headed paddles. The guy who had brought us the boat explained where the boundaries were and told Meghan and I how to paddle. He gave us life jackets and the paddles. Then he and another guy lifted up the boat and carried it over to to water. We hugged Mom goodbye and followed them down to the water. Dad was in the back, Meghan was in the front, and I was in the middle. Meghan was the one that got to steer. She would steer anyway she would want and we would have to follow. We steered over to a big lump of rock with thousands of pelicans on it. There was so many that we called it "pelican island". The water was so bumpy that the boat lurched from one side to another. We saw many jellyfish in the water with cool stripes that were red and white. Left, right, left, right, the words kept dancing across my mind while I paddled. As we turned around again Dad said it was time to back so we begged him to stay longer but her said "nope we're going back" so we sadly paddled back.
After we got it on the shore adn took off our life jackets and everything was wet except my top bathing suit and the middle of my T-shirt was dry. We took a quick swim in the sea and on the way back we bought ice-cream and while I was eating I was thinking about what happened toaday and if it was not real, I wished it was a dream and that I would never wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment