Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Friends!!!!

The next morning it felt good to get up late. We hugged and kissed our grandparents goodbye and walked them outside to catch a cab to take them to the airport. Once I watched the cab drive away, I felt a sickening lonely feeling in my stomach. We all sadly walked back into our apartment without talking to each other. Finally, Dad suggested we take a walk.

We got up and slowly walked to the door. We walked around and then to the park and sat down on one of the benches and watched a stray dog try to catch pigeons. He would leap into the air with his mouth open, but the pigeons were too fast. We sat there and watched the dog try over and over again. I looked around and saw a small park with a playground.

"Dad," I said, "can we go to the small playground and play for just a few minutes?"

"Sure!" he said.

We walked over to the park. I like this park, not because it was where we met our friends, but because it was small and it had a lot of playthings that looked like a lot of fun. I tried the monkey bars, they were like a snake. I got halfway through and then I couldn't do any more so I dropped. Then, I saw my mom beckoning me over.

Meghan and I quickly ran over. Mom and Dad were talking to someone in English. He had two girls next to him that were also speaking English. "What?" I asked.

My mom said, "Say hello."

We both said hello and told them our names. They said they were Gaby and Laura and they were from Queens, New York and they went to school in Buenos Aires. They spoke fluent Spanish because their Mom and Dad were from South America. They were 10 & 8. We played with them and when we said good-bye, my sadness had melted away and was replaced by great new friends.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you made some friends. Lindsay misses you so much!

    ReplyDelete