Saturday, December 18, 2010

Flight to Iguazu


This morning we woke early because we were going to take a plane to Iguazu and I was so excited! We got dressed quickly and joined Grandma and D-daddy at the elevator to go down to breakfast. Breakfast seemed even better then any other day. I filled my plate with food because I didn't know if they served food on the plane. At the table we were excitedley talking about Iguazu Falls. As we finished breakfast we went up to the hotel room to finish packing and brush our teeth. Once we were finished we took our suitcase down the elevator to check out. We were leaving three of our suitcases here because we were only staying in Iguazu for four nights.
After we checked out we went outside and caught two cabs to the airport. It felt like the taxi drivers were speeding down the road so it looked like a blur of colors outside, and then we were at the airport.
We ate a snack and a drink at one of the restraunts in the airport. Then we got in line. We were first flying to Salta and then to Iguazu. The line took forever until finally we were next. We showed the man our tickets and he checked them and then gave them back and pointed at the door he was standing in front of, "pase" he said. Inside was an x-ray machine to make sure that we didn't have any guns in our bags. I waited at the end of the machine for the bag. We walked out of that room and outside and on the plane.
The seats were three in one row and three behind so we had to split up. The plane ride wasn't bat at all. Taking off was pretty fun and they gave us cookies and a drink on the plane. Soon we touched down in Salta and most of the pasengers got off, some people (like use) stayed on. Soon we were off again and then the land looked like a bunch of tiny dots pushed together. Some times the plane went through clouds and everything out the windows went white. It was pretty cool. At last we touched safely down in Iguazu. I was bouncing in my seat I was so excited!
We passed through security and met our bus driver who took us to our new hotel. It was amazing! It had a large pool outside plus a hot tub. Our room had a double bed and a single, Grandma and D-daddy had the same. Meghan and I dressed into our swimsuits as fast as we could and went to the pool. It was cooler than I thought. It had a bridge and a small waterfall to another pool. Meghan and I had so much fun in it. We went back up to the room and took showers adn then I layed dwon in my bed feeling so glad that I was in Iguazu at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment