Monday, March 14, 2011

¡Por Fín!


School was okay Monday morning but all I wanted to do was get home. Monday is one of our after school days and I take volleyball while Helen is doing Karate. I had a lot of fun. My partner was Lucia (from the other sixth grade class) and it was her first time playing also so we were about on the same level. We took the bus home but on after school days it isn't always so crowded. Usually the girl that rides with us (Blanca) trys to fit 24 children into what most people would call a 15 people bus. Its a tight squeeze! We finally got home and sneaked up the stairs as to give everyone a suprise. We usually sound like (what mom calls) a herd of elephants but we made it up 8 flights of stairs without making a sound. We rang the doorbell and waited until the door opened. Mom had opened the door but instead of giving her our usual hugs we ran inside. Grandma and Grandpa were at the table talking when we came in. After all the love you can get from not seeing eachother for 5 months we just sat down and talked. We talked about school and shared every little detail. Then Helen and I went to change out of our uniforms while they talked with mom and dad about news. We ate soup for dinner and played apples to apples (one of my favorite games in the world) until it was time to go to bed. Its so nice that they're back!

2 comments:

  1. I love Apples to Apples! You taught me how to play! I can't wait to play it with you soon.
    I can't wait to see all of Mom and Dad's pictures and hear about your travels with them. We're planning a slide show soon!!!
    I miss you.
    Love Aunt Elaine and all the animals (including Uncle John! Ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your posts Meghan. This sounds like the school bus Emily rides in Tanzania. little bitty bus...BIG BUNCH OF STUDENTS!

    ReplyDelete