Saturday, March 12, 2011

Amazing School, Amazing Friends


School is awesome! I have two great teachers and lots of friends. Miss Karina teaches the spanish half of the day and Wilson teaches english. He will not speak a word of spanish to us and everyone trys to get him to say one word. He goes up to the front of the class, moves his hands like he is presenting someone and says "Wilson". He is really funny. In social studies with miss Karina we are working on ancient civilizations and María José is my partner for the Aztecs.
María José was an immediate friend because she is the other new girl in our class. She is a little shy but very smart. My other friends are, Catalina (likes the bathroom), Ana Lucia G. (crazy and loves pizza), Alessandra (just awesome), Gabo (he is really easy to talk to and on my bus!) and many more.
Math class is very fun but there are some things that will take time getting used to. English class is boring but I am proud to say that I have acheived all A's. HAHAHA!!! My spanish is getting close but the accents are bugging me a lot. I think I'm just going to have to memorize them because as far as I can tell there isn't a pattern anywhere! We got our new uniforms this week and although they are a little big its nice to fit in. We have a nice library with a good amount of english books for us to check out. I also have to read a spanish book by the 28th but luckily it only has 101 pages and I skipped the introduction.
Every Monday the principle comes out to the basketball coutt and sings the national anthem with everybody. Its kind of embarassing to be standing there and not knowing a thing!
All in all it is a really nice school and I can't wait to go next monday!!!

1 comment:

  1. sounds great Meghan! Glad to hear you are liking school.
    We had a campfire in our back yard tonight, and we missed you and your family
    Love, Naomi

    ReplyDelete