Friday, November 19, 2010

Helado


I must say other than meat and wine Argentina is very famous for their ice cream. Here in Cordoba we eat ice cream almost every day, only excepting the days that we are sick, its too cold, or we dont have time. Here are lots of ice cream places but I think that Grido is most well known. Every time we go into a Grido they are packed and the Gridos are everywhere. Sometimes I dont think that you could throw a stone without hitting a ice cream place.
The categorys of most ice cream places are: fruit sorbets, special creams, regular creams, chocolates and dulce de lece. The chocolates are very good. My favorite chocolate is Chocolate Bariloche. Usually it has mandarin cherrys and nuts. That all depends on the makers though. Recently while we were in Cordoba workers tore down the old Bariloche and built a knew one. The new one was very nice and took a suprisingly little time to finish. We as a family went and it was superb.
Ice cream places dont only sell ice cream here. Helen and I have tried Grido Batido which is just like a milk shake. Except you dont have to have the usual chocolate, strawberry or vanilla. You can pick any cream on the board and they make it for you right there. We have also had fruit bars when we have to grab it and go. They are made by all sorts of companies. Mom and I have also tried the Grido "Chocolate Bath". That means that you pick any ice cream on the board and they dip in chocolate. Its so messy that they have to give you an extra cone to hold the messy one. I LOVE IT!!!
This blog isnt the most important thing on the planet but I think that you have to know everyones favorite flavors. Mine is Chocolate Bariloche, Helen's are Dulce de Leche and Lemon, Moms is Dulce de Leche Chip and Dads are all the chocolates. I think he has tried all of them but one. I must say I am going to miss all the ice cream when we move to Peru.

1 comment:

  1. Ice cream (gelato) was everywhere in Barcelona, and chocolate drenched waffles, too. Sometimes the waffles were served with a scoop of gelato on top!!!
    The cones there were very long and narrow and some were dipped in chocolate and rolled in nuts. They were sooooo delicious. Becca and I ate ice cream nearly every day;)

    ReplyDelete