Saturday, June 11, 2011

My Birthday!

On saturday I had my birthday with our freinds in Ollantaytambo. Mom and I had bought a cake in Cusco because there were no cake shops in Ollantaytambo. Anyway we split up, Mom and I went to get the cake and Dad and Meghan went to the laundry. When Mom and I got to the bus station we waited untill Dad and Meghan came and quickly got on the bus. The ride was from 5:45 to 7:00 and I got really tired and didn't feel great. Finally we passed Urubamba and quickly after that we reached Ollantaytambo. I wanted to go to Winn's hostel right away to go to sleep so we split up again, Mom took me to Casa de Wow and Dad took Meghan to eat pizza. At the hostel I went to our room, the one that she kept specialy for us, sunk under the covers and fell asleep imidiately.
I woke up early the next morning and went down stairs to see if anyone was up yet. Nobody. I was really hungry so Dad took me to one of the restaurants that was on the plaza called Hearts Cafe. I got two scones with a hot chocolate. The scones came with some jelly that tasted really good with the scones. When I finished we went back to Casa de Wow and there I had my second breakfast with Winn and Anette. When the sun came out Dad, Mom, Meghan and I went hiking. We were going to take a moto taxi to an Inca Temple that the Spanish destroyed called Naupa Iglesia. But the moto taxi guy didn't take us to the temple, he didn't take us anywhere near the temple, so we walked the rest of the way. The temple was a cave with carved altars. We gathered flowers to put in the temple. There were many places to put your offering, I put mine in a vase on one of the rocks. There were many offerings from people that had already been to see the temple on the altar. We went out of the cave and ate potatoes, oranges and crackers. After we finished our little snack we started our hike back to Ollantaytambo. At 2:00 Dad said we could stop and eat our mango, and he was right. We ate in some ruins which had a great view of the river. After the delicious mango we started on the road again.
Finally we arived in Ollantaytambo and at Casa de Wow everybody said Happy Birthday to me. When it was time to celebrate we took the cake out of the fridgerator and they sang Happy Birthday in English and then Spanish. Then I bent my head down and took a bite of the cake. It tasted good, like peaches. I drank Inka Kola and ate cake. After we went to see the dances at the Choquekillka Festival but we were called back again because Wither and his son Mauro had come to give me and Meghan presents. We doubled back to Casa de Wow and opened our presents which turned out to be purses, I got pink and Meghan got blue. We were going out to eat where Mauro's mom worked so he came with us. The restaurant was really good and at the end when we were paying the bill Tatiana gave me a piece of cake to eat. We went back to Winn's and I fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment