Sunday, February 13, 2011

I Get My Own Room... At Last!

Our house at home is nice, but for me right now there's nothing better than your own room. Maybe there's one thing better. Your own HOUSE where your sister isn't banging on your door every five minutes. ha ha ha

My room is PINK! Pink walls, pink chair, pink curtains, and a pink bedspread. The best thing is the curtains because in the morning, when the sun shines in my window, they make the light from the sun pink. I also have a very nice view from my windows. My desk is framed by windows that jutt out over the sidewalk to I get the perfect "visto". It also provides a perfect spot to play carnaval with the boys next door.

Carnival is a season the kids here play here in March. It's basically a big water fight that lasts a whole month. Now everyone is practicing. So, yesterday while I was walking home, the boys in the building next door threw water at me. The best thing is that they were on the 3rd floor and I am on the 4th. I ran upstairs and filled my water bottle. The only thing that could ruin my party was the 3-year-old that saw me before I dumped water on the other two. He was a sweet little boy, so I made the "shhh!" gesture and he nodded. Then I got the other boys soaked and closed the window quickly beause Mom said no more carnival if I got my room wet. I can't wait until March!

It's nice to be back in Cusco. I remember most of it but its nice to have all of the time in the world to look at things. My favorite thing to look at is a painting that is on the main road. The painting is of one of the battles of the Incas. It's really cool because some of it doesn't seem like it belongs at all!

Everything here is still a little rainy, but we have had some nice days. Spanish school is awesome but I can't wait to start REAL school. Everyone is very happy, so I'm glad we moved!!!

1 comment:

  1. Rowan says: I went to a birthday party and we had a great time. We went to gymnastics and I usually went in the foam pit. It was my classmate Soren's birthday.
    Thanks for posting your message.The water fight sounded like fun. I hope you have a good time. When you get home and it's winter again we're going to have a big snow fight on you!
    Your Friend, Rowan

    ReplyDelete