Friday, February 25, 2011

Baby! Baby! Baby!

Excuse the disjointedness of the following - I'm glad to say its been a great week.

While we were visiting our most excellent friend, Winn, in Ollantaytambo this week, I met a delightful lady named Annette who agreed to take me with her to go volunteer in a nursery in Cusco on Friday.

So, this morning, after our more than 2 hour commute (one-way), I spent a delightful time holding, feeding, cuddling, changing, reading to and generally loving on some of Peru's most beautiful babies. I hope this turns out to be a bi-weekly event in my life here in Cusco. It fits perfectly with what I want to be doing. If it works out, I'll post some photos - but I didn't take any on my first day.

Today was the first full day of sunshine and no rain that I can recall since we arrived in Cusco. We heard from a friend that March will be sunnier but the rainy days will have stronger downpours. By April, the rain will disappear and we will unprune.

I continue to take at least one new road from town every time I return home. I passed a music school a week ago and didn't write down where I saw it or its name for that matter. I had no idea how hard it would be for me to find it again. Now I'm repeating the trip down some streets but so far, no luck. It's not where I thought I was.

School starts for the girls next week. They are excited and a little nervous, I think. The extra 2 weeks of Spanish classes has put Meghan officially ahead of me and I am slowing coming to the realization that Helen, although quiet much of the time, isn't far behind her. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment