Wednesday, October 6, 2010

We're In Uruguay!


We arrived in Montevideo Monday morning after a long night of bus traveling. We were'nt that excited to wake up but we did anyways. The bus was nice and we got a snack right as we got on. The guy came back around in like 5 minutes but I was'nt done so I had to keep my trash. I looked out the window until it was time to go to bed. We went to bed at ten'o'clock and they served dinner at eleven. After a not so good night of sleep we got breakfast but then finaly we got there. We walked to breakfast and then walked down to the coast of the Rio de la Plata, the river that separates Uruguay and Argentina. There werent many beaches but the water was pretty. The boardwalk was really long and wide enough to have runners, walkers, and biciclers all at the same time. We walked around for a while until we got hungry for lunch. Helen and I begged mom and dad to eat chinese and they finally gave in. I cant tell you how good that was. We got noodles and orange chicken. I had missed it so much it felt like three months were forever:) We hung out at the hotel for a while and took a nap and then went for dinner. We were tired so we went to bed early. The second day we spent walking around not doing much and the third day we were to anxious to see grandma and grandpa to do anything much. They arrived on a big ferry that I am excited to go on to Buenos Aires. There was a lot of crying and jumping up and down to tell the truth. Once they got through customs we got their luggage and went to the hotel. After dumping our stuff we asked the guy at the reception for a good place to eat. He recomended Los Lenos which was really good, the right amount of food, and we got a hysterical waiter. My favorite time was when he poured a drop in my glass, a drop in Helen's glass and he poured a lot in all the adults glasses and pretended to walk away. Then (of course) he came back and gave us water but it was still funny. Everyone said their food was good so we went to bed with full stomaches. Tommorrow we will go rent a car and drive to Punta Del Este. I'm so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment