Wednesday, October 13, 2010

BIRTHDAY!!!


Today I had my birthday!!! It was so much fun. We went to the Marine Animal Shelter where they nursed the animals back to health before they sent them back to the ocean. First we met a little penguin named Cody. He was so cute and we got to pet him. He was the only animal that wasn't in a cage so he followed us around all the time. There was lots of other penguins in a cage but we weren't allowed to touch them. Then we saw a baby seal. She was gorgeous. Then we got to feed her. We went into the kitchen and made a seal smoothie. It had cream milk and blended up fish. While we were pouring it into the bottle it spilled on my hand. EEeewwww!!! After I washed my hands we went outside and into the seal pen. The guy who worked there dried the seal off then put him in our laps. We fed her the smoothie and then rubbed her to get the food to go down. She was really soft, even softer that Cody who was really soft too. Then we saw the sea turtle. The sea turtle was in a baby pool halfway filled with water. She was in the shelter because she had swallowed plastic that she thought was a jellyfish. There was also a bird with a broken leg. His beak was really cool. There was a part on the top, a part on top of the part on top and a part on the bottom. I liked it a lot. There was also three penguins in a separate cage. We got to feed them raw fish but luckily we got to wear gloves. The penguins were really hungry. When we held up the fish they would take it like "that" and swallow it whole (I'm not kidding). After they finished eating we watched the guy who worked there feed Cody. We didn't do it because he had a very sharp beak. After that we said our goodbyes and left. We ate lunch at a little beach but decided that we didn't want to swim there and we went to Piriopolis. We bought tarts and a pie for dinner, and had ice cream. Then we left to find a beach. We found one and changed into our swim suits. I took one step in the water and did not want to go in. I did finally get in to my waist which took superhuman powers but then only walked on the beach for shells. We packed up and headed back to Casa Pueblo. We hung out until dinner while dad was cooking the asado. We had a very good dinner and a very good desert and then it was time to open presents. I got really pretty hair clips from Mom and Dad and Helen and I got a sweater from Grandma and Grandpa. I had a really good day and I think being 11 will be fun!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Meghan! That's from Sam, Rowan and Steven too! Love you guys and miss you alot

    ReplyDelete